..............................................

..............................................

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Starting this season's group of holiday cards early in the summer (very like designing swimsuits while it's snowing outside) I was rooting around in the cellar of my mind for some inspiration when I thought about motifs that I had always enjoyed. 1920s and 30s art with it's clean lines and streamlined architecture a favorite. Impossibly sculptural cars, ships, women's clothing and dogs. I thumbed through old German collections of Art Deco advertising posters and although I had to guess at the meaning of the text, for the most part advertising is a global language. Our print ads are so predictable in comparison. After being suitably inspired I constructed card art of lines and boxes and circles and felt as if I had done my best to give a nod to that wonderful time in our art evolution. Here are just a few of mine that can be found at Zazzle (the link can be found to the right side of this page):



No comments:

Post a Comment