..............................................

..............................................

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Paper Chandeliers

While busying myself with Christmas card designs this year, I had to wonder what the future is for paper and postage holiday cards. People have been sending them for a little over a hundred years, but technology is changing many holiday traditions.

Getting those holiday cards in the mail when I was a child made that time of year magical. After all, they came with crystal glitter inside. At our house cards were attached to long ribbons and hung near the doorway to the kitchen. When the Christmas tree came down my mother gave me the cards to cut up for my craft projects.

I do hope it's a custom that sticks around. Such a tangible way to tell friends and family that you are thinking about them at the close of another year. And many still have glitter even if it is virtual.


No comments:

Post a Comment