..............................................

..............................................

Friday, February 7, 2014

Come To Tea





The children in our lives should know how to connect with art, poetry and their imagination.

Encouraging children to read is all well and good but if that experience consists of solely of sitting inside on a beautiful day - well, that is simply a missed opportunity to create a magical memory day! These photos were of an 'Alice' party from several years ago. I invited moms and their small daughters or granddaughters for tea time.  Our Mad Hatter was my friend Candi's husband Larry. 

Vicki, Candi, Larry, Bobbie, Mary & others

Our 'tea' was different sorts of fruit punch. Our teacups were plastic so no little ones had to worry. Petit fours, white tents, Alice invitations, and gift bags each with a copy of Alice In Wonderland. After all, every child should Know Their Alice.


I was very fortunate that I had a mother who made sure that my imagination had a sound foundation for further adventures.

Here is Candi Iamurri's daughter Vicki with a group of teatime guests. Isn't she a perfect Alice?

I think I had more fun than the girls that day.  There were those Petit Fours after all. I was dressed as the evil Queen but no photo exists thank heavens!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! (Now I understand the inspiration!) ...I recently re - found my little faux red leather (embossed cardboard) copy of Alice from the early 60s...thought it was long gone...;) (I should have known...I carry the hoarding-gene.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every child should be encouraged to use their imagination!

    ReplyDelete